The Rothman Concussion Network's research program seeks to develop translational research that evaluates collaborative treatment modalities and novel interventions for those affected by concussion. We partner with departments across Jefferson, Rothman Institute, and Wills Eye Hospital, as well as companies such as ImPACT Applications, to source interdisciplinary expertise for current and future projects. Our scholars bring this expertise to school and community partners in order to evaluate the effect of public intervention and awareness on patient clinical outcomes.
- Hanifin J, Jasser S, Warfield B, Kanumilli S, Panepinto L, Disoke F, Glodjo T, Atkinson K, Glatts C, Serruya M, Brainard G. Sleep Wake Stability and Mood in Brain Injured Patients with Light Therapy Intervention. Poster presented at: IES Research Symposium; April 2018; Atlanta, GA.
- Anderson SL, Gatens D, Glatts C, Russo SA. (2017). Normative data set of SWAY balance mobile assessment in pediatric athletes. Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine. Published Online: November 16, 2017 (doi: 10.1097/JSM.0000000000000545).
- Russo SA, Anderson SL, Kempa JA, Mattson ME, Glatts CC. Sway balance normative. Poster presented at: Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers' Society Annual Meeting; Eerie, PA; June 10, 2017.
- Kempa JA, Glatts CC, Russo SA, Anderson SL, Mattson ME. Group differences in balance assessments. Poster presented at: Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers' Society Annual Meeting; Eerie, PA; June 10, 2017.
- McAlpine L, Anderson SA, Franks R. Gender differences in concussion recovery and computer-based neurocognitive testing. Poster presented at: Brain Injury of Pennsylvania Annual Conference; Lancaster, PA; June 25, 2017.
- Russo SA, Anderson SL, Kempa JA. Baseline characteristics of prolonged symptom recovery post-concussion. Poster presented at: Brain Injury of Pennsylvania Annual Conference; Lancaster, PA; June 25, 2017.
- Anderson SL, Russo SA, Gatens D, Kempa JA, Mattson ME, Glatts CC. Sway balance normative. Poster accepted for presentation at: American Academy of Neurology Sports Concussion Conference; Jacksonville, FL; July 15, 2017.
- Scardillo J, Carabrese M, Cillay E, Devlin A, Focht A, Smith Z, Houtan H, Morina A, Rexon J. Functional outcome measure use in the examination and treatment of patients following mild traumatic brain injury: A National Survey of Physical Therapy clinicians. Poster accepted for presentation at: American Physical Therapy Association Combined Section Meeting; New Orleans, LA; February 21-24, 2018.